Wedding Hair and Beauty Cornwall
Beautiful bridal hair and make-up for the most elegant of wedding looks
How do you decide what you want your bridal hair and make-up to look like on your wedding day? Take inspiration from one these four on-trend looks, from Rosanne at Ro Hair and Charlotte from Charlotte Albert...
Hair - this look has an organic way to being put up, using the natural volume, parting and texture. This creates a soft and elegant bridal look. It feels pretty yet understated.
Make-up - Keep the skin natural and focus on adding rosiness to the cheeks giving a youthful, flushed effect. Continue the soft pink theme by blending these tones around the eyes, and add a pearl highlight to the inner corner. Finish with a glossy lip.
Hair - This high-fashion look has a much more structured appearance. The low loop bun is a modern twist on the popular chignon, and the loose waves around the face add a chic yet edgy attitude to the look.
Make-up - Smoky grey shadow over the eyes gives a sophisticated and sultry feel, especially when paired with a cooler-toned matte lip. A contour shade in the hollows of your cheeks will define your cheekbones beautifully so blusher is kept to a minimum.
Hair - This undone-done look is the ultimate sexy and confident style that is popular for the low-maintenance bride. Soft tousled tresses are a trademark of Ro’s hairdressing style.
Make-up - Branch away from a champagne hue over the eyelids and channel your inner bronze goddess! Using a gold shade on the eyes really makes them pop and feathered brows make for a great alternative to the classic look. Highlight your cupid's bow with a gold toned highlighter for an added sun-kissed feel.
Hair - Let your hair do the talking; be on-trend yet utterly timeless. A deep side parting, big set waves and a polished look will give a sharp and sophisticated dress the final touch of femininity.
Make-up - This statement look is perfect for the bold bride. Darkening the outer corner of the eye creates a cat eye effect; amp it up with some false lashes and a bold red lip for more drama.
Be sure to have a trial before your big day, so you're confident in your chosen style. Here's our top tips for making the most of your trial...
• Show as well as tell. Bring images that describe your taste and show the style of the look you want to achieve. Instagram, Pinterest and magazines are all great sources.
• Wear white (if you'll be wearing white on the day!). Even better, wear something white that has a similar neckline to your wedding dress, so you can see how colours and textures will work with your total look.
• Think about accessories. Your hair style will look dramatically different if you decide to wear flowers, hair pins or a veil, so try to decide on this before your trial, and bring with you or at least a photo of what you will have on the day.
• Document everything. Have your stylist or make-up artist take pictures of your trial from all angles. It means you get to look again at it with fresh eyes and explain any changes you might want when the day comes.
• Ask your stylist what she is using. You may want to top up the lip colour during the day.
• Be comfortable. One of the main reasons to have a trial is to really ‘click’ with your stylist, explore all possibilities and know what you don’t like as well as what you do. Feel confident that communication of ideas between you was understood well.
Photography: Travers & Brown traversandbrown.co.uk
Hair: Rosanne Abell at Ro Hair rohair.co.uk
Make-up: Charlotte Albert charlottealbert.com